Auto Insurance Information
For Drivers In Baton Rouge And Surrounding Areas
The road can be a dangerous place. Some drivers are surprised to find out that the majority of car accidents occur closer than home as opposed to further away. This is because the roads around your home are more familiar, which can lead to lower attention and more accidents.
Having the right car insurance policy in case of an accident is crucial. That's why Airline Insurance Agency helps clients find affordable and reliable car insurance. We'll help you protect your vehicle without paying too much! Give us a call at (225) 925-2999 or fill out an online quote form today.
Is Car Insurance Required?
States require a certain amount of liability insurance for all drivers. In Louisiana, drivers must carry:
- $15,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability
- $1,000 in medical payment coverage
- $15,000 in uninsured motorist liability per person
- $30,000 in uninsured motorist liability per accident
Important Auto Insurance Questions
For only liability, comprehensive and collision coverage, you may pay around $617 for a year-long policy.
Car insurance often renews every year, but if you want to change your coverage, you can review it at any time.
Not everyone needs the same type or limits of coverage for their vehicle. Overall, we recommend that you carry these coverages along with state required liability:
- Comprehensive Coverage provides compensation for loss or damage to your vehicle due to fire, lightning, hail, wind, falling objects, theft and vandalism.
- Collision Coverage provides compensation for loss or damage to your vehicle due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Personal Injury Protection covers medical expenses for you and your passengers after an accident, no matter who is declared at-fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist covers compensation for damages to your vehicle after an accident with a driver not carrying insurance.
Auto insurance is crucial to provide compensation for expensive medical bills, treatments and damages after an accident. Without auto insurance, you could face thousands of dollars in medical expenses, repairs and even legal fees, should the victim of an accident decide to sue.
Young adults often think they need less coverage in order to save money. While cutting back on coverage may lower your premiums, it will also leave you at higher risk. Young adults are statistically more likely to get into a motor vehicle accident. It's recommended that young adults carry full coverage auto insurance. There are plenty of discounts available for drivers looking to save money that won't leave you without proper protection!
Auto insurance limit needs vary depending on the vehicle. Coverage should be calculated on the value of the vehicle and likelihood of an accident. In all states, there is a legal requirement for liability insurance. Make sure you have at least the state required minimum. If you have any questions about your specific car insurance needs, feel free to ask an agent today!